Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Decided to hit Chatfield with by boy after dinner tonight.  We fished the little beach between the Swim Beach and Deer Creek with night crawlers under a slip sinker on the bottom.  The boy pulled in this 18" eye by himself right as the sun was going down.  I could tell the weather was coming in and we barely made it back to the car before a nasty storm hit.  His (her?) stomach was empty, but the abdominal cavity was full of fat.  I've never been much of a walleye fisherman, so big thanks to everyone that posted great advice on this forum.  You guys hit it right on the head.  When it gets dark, be quiet, don't use a lot of light, and fish shallow.  :D

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Nice fish!!!! Cute kid too. Got to love pictures like that. I still look at some of mine from back when I was a kid. I wonder if not using light, being real quiet, and fish shallow would work a Pueblo?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I too was at Chatfield last night and caught 1 walleye on the road bed, 17 and 15/16". It hurts to throw those back , but you gota do it !

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Thats a nice catch! I love seeing kids so happy to hold their catch. Looks like we got a lifer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts