Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
       Fished from 6:00 to noon, it turned out to be too late for the ramp! Crowded !! Now I remember why I always stay home for holidays. Sorry to the guy behind me at the ramp, but the courtesy ranger had my boat blocked in from the front and back so we couldn't go anywhere till one of them moved out of the way!  Anyway started on the roadbed and went towards the damn, had bites right off the bat. Started with worm harnesses using leeches. Had one just slam it but lost it on the way in,found out it straightened the hook. I put on another rig, tossed back out and about 10 minutes later had one slam it again, lost it on the way in to find another hook straightened out. I checked the hooks on all my new rigs and they were all soft, like they weren't heat treated. I then put on a nice sharp Eagle Claw hook and at about 10:00 caught this one below, 20 incher. My partner caught a 17 incher on a crawler. Not much luck after that! We did notice alot of eyes being caught. This was my 1st time trying leeches and you all were right, thats the ticket!!! Thanks to you all on the great tips!!!  ;D

Good luck & cya on the water!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
nice fish ... good to see people bringing in fish from chat. cuz i havent :p

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I have never heard of hooks doing that. If you can you should return send them back to the manufacture and tell them the story. You might be surprised at what they send you back. ;D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
ill take colorado rangers over nebraska rangers anyday!!!!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Nice fish Pikester! Im really glad to hear that the bite is really turning on out there at Chat. Good to see a pic of you too, Im sure we have brushed by each other once or twice. I'll say hello if I see you out there again! Thanks for the report!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts