Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Chatfield 5-5-06

884 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  fishingkats 
#1 ·
Son of Dan and I went out from 6p-9p.  It was drizzling when we started and except for the rain splashing the lake was as calm as could be.  The rain let up about an hour after we got there and then a steady breeze came up for about an hour, making it difficult to maintain course while trolling.  We trolled along the dam for a couple of hours.  No fish caught but tons of snags.  It seemed we snagged about every 4 minutes.  Made things pretty miserable.  We moved further away from the dam to snag less and snag less we did.  also start to catch fish we did also.

Ryan caught a 19.5 inch walleye on a black turtle back.  It took his line and just layed there,  he did not believe me when I told him he had a bite.  Seems all of those 17.9 inch fish from last year are now 19.5.  He got it while we were slow trolling in 14 feet of water. Here he is with his fish.

Shortly after we anchored near where he caught his walleye.  We thought where there is one there are 2.........well no more walleye.  But I did pick up a 12 inch bass dead sticking a minnow.  Here is the picture.

No that is not a Snoopy or even a Barbie fishing pole.  It is a "Sandy Squirrel"  from Sponge Bob Squarepants.   >:D  Anyone else with the courage to use a novelty pole?  Lets see your picture, pole and fish!

It was a great time fishing,  it would have been nice if it were 20 degrees warmer but that is ok not a lot of folks on the lake (I saw 5 other boats total)

Surface temp had cooled down to 55 degrees from 58 a couple of days ago. 

Dan

Then

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice post. Funny the different charictors on the forum, some fishing for respect, some fishing for what could be a state record walleye with a childrens pole. Was the minnow below a spung-bob bobber? or did it only come with a casting practice plug?

nice fish, nice post, good humor all around- ;D

p.s. the snoopy pole catches fish better. seen one bring in a 10 lb brown out at cheesman res 7 or 8 years ago-

#5 ·
Rottal said:
Oh my. Im trying to picture Dan at the counter at the store buying that rod (if i can even call it that?) ....trying to play it off like "....its for my kid..."
What about Son of Dan? Ummm your going to fish with that? Thank god its dark out and no one will see us. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.