Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit up the field today round 5pm-930, went to the hadicap peer point. i was using leeches caught 3 smallmouth all were about 10" and 1 walleye 14"... buddy rick caught 8 walleye using worms, 1 keeper at 21" rest 15-17"... joshua got 1 walleye 16" (leech) and 1 smallmouth on a black body red tail pistol pete.. d and freddie got skunked dunno y they were right next to us using the same things guess we were closer to the honey hole and rick was right in the middle of it.. still fun even tho rick stomped us on the fish count. maybe next time will be my turn to win the count game.

until then,

tf

·
Registered
270 Posts
There's a line of sunken christmas trees off the pier moving a few yards one direction or another might have put someone closer to better structure. Overall sounds like a good night at CF

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sunken chirstmas trees ??? never heard of em before, which direction off the peer r these? i know of the grid of barrels anchoring the boat parking dock off the very tip of the point.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
The Xmas trees are between the handicap dock and the point to the left. They were placed in the early 90's so there is not much left of them. Most of the branches have been ripped off and the trunks are about all that is left. Not the best structure any longer but they do hold some fish. They also hold lots of lures so be careful.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts