Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the lake around 10:30PM. Weather was great. Still in the 70's. Caught 2 smallies right off the bat. One was on a curly tail jig(gray) and the other with a minnow under a slipfloat. Headed over to that spillway looking thing and my brother caught a pretty nice Walleye on a craw pattern crank. Cruised around and tried a few other spots with no luck..Went over near the dam and nothing was going on........Being a true fisherman I tell my brother "OK BRO, LAST CAST..Make IT A GOOD ONE". BAM. He hooks into a pretty nice smallie as do I.(Double) Well to make a long story short.......IN the next 2 hours we caugth 1 Walleye and a bout 20+ Smallies.

I love that last cast catch. Has worked so many times. Got off the water around 6:00am. What a freakin zoo that place can become.

-Jay

·
Registered
110 Posts
Jay,

How many boats stay out there overnight? I fished there Friday from 5:00 am till 3:00 pm when the crowds were coming.

Saturday, we decided to go to my favorite pond and actually caught a couple of real nice large mouths.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts