·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On this rod it was a floating spinner rig with a large colorado blade. They were the largest ones I could find at Gander Mountain. They were the gander mountain brand. I modified the rig and added a second hook and changed some of the beads. The bottom bouncher was a rock hopper by northland it was a 3/4 oz. So the presentation was more of a finesse method. I was trolling just under 1 mile per hour hope this helps. I am just glad to know there really are keepers in this lake.

D

·
0 Posts
Hmmmm. I notice there are no pictures of trees... and their leaves (or lack thereof.....).

LOL. Just joking! Nice fish!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Pescadurotah,

It's so nice to see a chubby walleye come out of Chatfield. Nice job, and thanks for sharing and showing what you used to catch it. Nothing like good detailed posts to motivate the forum gang to hit the water.

Thank you,

Pete

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you say I was chubby?? I resemble that remark. And just to show you the kind of guy I am I will add trees to my next pic....in memory of those who gone bye bye before.

The best thing about this fish was the thickness it was 3 inches across the back and thick all the way to the tail. When I first caught the fish I though it was weeds.... but then weeds pulled back. You know when you hook up and ithe first couple of cranks on the reel tell you your not in Kansas anymore?? This fish had sholders.  Can't wait to get out again

Just for fun pic

http://img218.echo.cx/img218/2370/walleye6235ox.jpg

oops fall trees

1 - 15 of 15 Posts