Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Chatfield from 10-2 today.  This was the last time I had to go fishing with both of my sons for at least 6 months.  Fishing was great.  The only problem was bait!  They were supposed to pick up minnows this morning but the shop was out of them (All Pro told them they are going out of business again)  We had 2 minnows left over from last week 3 dozen crawlers and about 10 leeches. 

The fish wanted leeches and minnows.  My youngest managed to catch 3 or 4 fish on the 2 minnows.  The leeches we averaged about 2 per.  Crawlers did absolutely nothing.

We caught half a dozen walleyes and a bunch of smallies.  The walleyes were taken just off the bottom over the bridge, got a couple of smallies there too.  The majority of the smallies were taken about 200 yards east of the tower in shallow water.  Close enough for shore casting.  We got them both on a slip bobber and right on the bottom.  One spit up a crayfish when we took the hook out.

Clarity-4 to 5 feet (could see the bottom in that depth with polarized glasses)
Temp-69 degrees on the surface
Wind-light
Sky- originally high clouds building to overcast.  (fish were biting harder with the sun)

A great day fishing.........Will miss fishing with Ryan for the next 6 months.  But when he gets home the ice season should be in full swing!

Dan

Fish Attack

Mark and Ryan

Double (note awesome ColoradoFisherman hat!)

Walleye

Bass

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Looks like a nice day out with the boys!!

E

·
0 Posts
coonass1962 said:
Where does one by leeches and minnows. Is there a place near Chatfield?
Uncle Milty's at Belleview and Broadway (just a bit north of the intersection and the west side of Broadway)

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Going to Quincy tmro am with my oldest son, he turns 22 tmro. Maybe I can work in a shirt if I can figure out what my wife did with it! My younger son is in the military now! I saw him off at the airport this afternoon for Fort Jackson in SC. It will be strange not fishing with him!

Dan

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
went to quincy from about 12 to 2 walked the whole lake, dident catch anything, my second time there, i was really just checking the lake out, i stoped and talked to the ranger and he was telling me they havent stocked muskie in there in along time, i tryed sinkos with no luck, i tryed looking for muskie but never saw one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts