Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to chatfield at about 11pm last night and fished for a couple hours. I threw a 3" storm swim shad the whole time. I landed one decent smallie and one walleye and lost two more fish that I would assume were walleye. I've only caught like five smallies in my life. They were all caught by accident. Never really targeted then specifically. So, the guy you see pictured is my new pb smallie. I know it's not too impressive but he was a fun catch. Tons of frogs along the banks at chatty. As you walk down the shoreline, they all jump in the water. With the increased surface activity lately and all the frogs, I bet a top water frog would do well.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice man, we killed it last night at the spot I was talking about. We fished from prob 730pm-1am. Caught 4 eyes, 1 keeper and 10+ smallies. All the eyes that were landed were on leeches, most of the smallies on HDs and plastic swimbaits and curlytail grubs. Are there saugeye in chat? If so I think we had 2 walleye and 2 saugeye, they jus looked smaller and diff than the others but maybe not.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice man, we killed it last night at the spot I was talking about. We fished from prob 730pm-1am. Caught 4 eyes, 1 keeper and 10+ smallies. All the eyes that were landed were on leeches, most of the smallies on HDs and plastic swimbaits and curlytail grubs. Are there saugeye in chat? If so I think we had 2 walleye and 2 saugeye, they jus looked smaller and diff than the others but maybe not.
I'm not really sure about saugeye. Nice work

·
Registered
633 Posts
There are no saugeyes in Chatfield. It is a stocking supply lake for the state and the CPW works very hard to keep the walleye pure in the lake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts