Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Chatfield around sunset.  Tons of boats launching, leaving and on the water.  Hot, still 86 degrees at that time. 

When on the lake near or after sunset remember that alot of people have no common sense.  They don't turn on their lights when they should.  They anchor, drift or troll without lights and they will swim or ski in the dark and its impossible to see them in the water.  I saw all of these things going on last night.  It would be real easy to hit someone.

But on to the fishing.  We worked a flat area of 18-19 feet deep, just west of the first bouy north of the wakeless zone.  Using curley tail jigs with leeches slowly bounced off the bottom.  Moving very slowly, less than a mile an hour.  caught several just under 18.  Did not get classic hits where the rod tip bounced and danced.  They would take the leech and just lay there.  originally we thought we had caught a chunk of wood and it was just bending the rod without any action.  Reeling it in proved us wrong and we knew what to watch for after that.

Also worked the shore from the swim beach to the west boat cove.  Same technique in 16-21 feet.  Got a few more walleye  same size as before.  Headed in at midnight.

Water temp 74-76 degrees

Beautiful night on the lake, would have stayed all night if I did not have to work Saturday and if my battery had enough juice for it.

Hope to do it again Sunday.

Dan

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Re: Chatfield 7-23 Night

Been looking for your report all morning as I knew you were going out. Im going out tonight and am glad to hear their still biting.

Maybe I can break this skunk!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

E

·
0 Posts
Re: Chatfield 7-23 Night

Jay_In_Parker said:
Been looking for your report all morning as I knew you were going out. Im going out tonight and am glad to hear their still biting.

Maybe I can break this skunk!

[me=Jay_In_Parker]  [/me]
How'd it go last night?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts