Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to CSP from about 2-7p, today. Beautiful weather, I hope it lasts for a long time. Fishing was slow, started with a couple of small rainbows trolling chartreuse crawler harnesses. Then very slow. Around 6 p I noticed lots of rises in the shallower water. Started to get hits by bass and rainbows by tossing a dead minnow to the rise and giving it about 30 secs to drop then twitching it.

Nice day fishing, decent time catching. Still tons of small shad, wish it was legal to net them there, I would sure be trying to decrease the numbers and increase my frozen stock of bait.

Dan

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
whats the reason you cant net them, is it a lake reg, or is it located in one of the drainages that you cant gather baitfish from?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
bummer! just like many other things with the DOW i dont see the logic in that one.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i see the reg now

#104 - SPECIAL CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS

G. Take, Possession and Use of Fish, Amphibians, and Crustaceans for bait, personal or
commercial use

1. The seining, netting, trapping, and dipping of fish is prohibited statewide in all natural streams;
springs; all waters in Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Gilpin,
Elbert, Jefferson, and Park counties; and all public standing waters in Rio Grande, Saguache,
Conejos, Costilla, Alamosa, Mineral and Hinsdale counties in the Rio Grande drainage.
still dont see the reason, well i can understand the natural streams but in manmade reservoirs? especialy ones that allow live bait fish and are full of none native shad....go figure, maybe someone can enlighten me on the reasoning?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts