Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. I'm still pretty much a noobie. Small lakes and rivers I can usually figure out an approach. But the big lakes like Chatfield and Cherry Creek reservoir have me scratching my head. I don't have a boat, so I gotta fish from shore. What different types of fish can you fish from shore in these lakes? Any particular locations for different fish? Lures, presentation, etc. ???

JW the noobie

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Don't pee in the wind, there's a tip. Also, don't try to fish in the detention pond below the ramp... it's like asking for cecks in the champaigne room.

Actually, I used to fish the spillway lots.... I haven't been there in a while, after finding out that the glory was netted out last year and thrown back in the lake where it rightfully belongs. Chances are, some goodies have washed out down there or swam up stream. if not, I suggest fishing plum creek inlet for cats with the typical stuff you use for them, (worms, leeches, cutbait)

I have never been to cherry creek, have no desire to go there... Ever.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
JW said:
That was seriously non-helpful ???. Anyone got some HELPFUL tips?

JW
Catfish did give you some usefull info ......

LAKESTER said:
I suggest fishing plum creek inlet for cats with the typical stuff you use for them, (worms, leeches, cutbait)
Being you're afoot and its the middle of summer ..... you in a heep o trouble ...... from shore ..... one place is about as good as another .... I'd fish dawn to 9:00AM with minnows , worms or leeches until you found success in a spot or two , same thing from 8:00PM til midnight . Live bait on one rod and toss spinners or tubes with the other until you get tired. Then set that one up with live bait. Its a tuff lake from shore in the summertime.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
JW said:

JW
Hey dingleberry, I just told you to fish plum creek inlet with typical catfish baits. what, do you want me to come to your house and tell you about every little spot in chatfield, so you can feel more gratified?

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
LAKESTER said:
JW said:

JW
Hey dingleberry, I just told you to fish plum creek inlet with typical catfish baits. what, do you want me to come to your house and tell you about every little spot in chatfield, so you can feel more gratified?
I think he wants you to carry him to the spot while you drag a wagon strapped to your belt with all of his Ugly Sticks so he can lay out the lawn chair and watch you bait his hook. ::)

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
I think alot of the members of this site have a bad case of "selective reading".

they only read the first 14 words in a paragraph and look at something else, unless it has the "power" words like "lunker", "bass" or anything like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts