Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know its still a little early for a lot of success stories, but I have not seen a lot of posts for my closest neighborhood fishery, Chatfield.

Whats the word? Any luck, good or bad? The second most important information next to where the fish are biting, is where the fish AREN'T biting, right?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have fished Chatfield about 8 times this year so far. Have trolled, bottom fished with minnows, worms, have fished the inlet, spillway and all points in-between. I have not caught much of anything so far. I think a few more warm weeks and it will be on. Talked to a guy the other day that helped volunteer with the walleye nets and he said that day they had netted 167 walleyes and only one was under 18 inches. All were very fat. A buddy of mine caught two nice bass the other day but that was all so far this year.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats pretty much the same for me. Been out quite a few times, but only had one strike, and only once. I know some people have been having some decent luck with the trout, but trout are always hungry. Im in the game for the finicky monsters! lol The anticipation is intense! (and still growing, and growing, and growing, and. . . . .)

·
Registered
258 Posts
We have read some fairly recent Forum postings saying how the trout are really biting (and a few pics to go with the postings). Haven't read about anything else being caught there yet.
We may try some fishing there this weekend.
Cody & Wife

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm hoping to get out there this upcoming Tuesday or Thursday. If anyone else plans on heading out there on those days let me know... I'll be fishing from shore im boat less

1 - 5 of 5 Posts