Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to CSP and CCSP on the 15th.  Hit CSP from around noon till 4 with my wife.  Trolled along the bouy line near the plum creek area.  Got this rainbow in about 14 feet of water on a crawler harness 2-3 feet deep.  Hit hard and jumped all over the place.  It was a little difficult to reel in with my sore hand, but tons of fun.  Also caught another of about the same size 10 feet under a slip bobber at the bridge.  We were marking tons of fish at that depth.

Then hit CCSP from 6p-8p with my son.  Nothing caught but a nice evening on the water.  The sunset from the east side of the lake.

I caught this smallmouth at the end of August.  I was fishing for bluegill with bit of crawler just covering a size 14 hook.  It was not even big enough to pull the bobber down. 

I think I have reclaimed the record for the smallest fish caught for 2005!

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn Fishing Guitars! that is just too close to call! At least I know mine is prettier!

Dan

F

·
0 Posts
hahhahahaha....I didnt notice it but if you look below my hand you can see the little mepps spinner I caught in on.....1lb braided line and the mepps for bluegill is how I landed this beast

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Way to be a warrior and fish all bandaged up!!! Looks like a great day on the water. Its so impressive to me that you can catch fish smaller then the minnows I use as bait. :p

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Wow....

Darnit...

Someone please help me! Something is just begging to sneak off my keyboard while I am not paying attention.

I think Zman has been set up.

Terre

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ePiC said:
Way to be a warrior and fish all bandaged up!!! Looks like a great day on the water. Its so impressive to me that you can catch fish smaller then the minnows I use as bait. :p
I think someone is jealous,  Epic, when are you gonna post a picture of a fish you caught?  Seems we see pics of Cody and hear about his fish but rarely yours.

And when you do post it seems there is always a little disclaimer on the picts that says "This picture has been modified using PhotoShop"!  j/k   ;D :D

Dan

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
No No I'm not jealous as I to am known to catch the ocasional Dan sized fish:

Whats this about photoshop? I never photoshop my fish I wouldnt know how and Cody wasnt there when I landed this one.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Epic,

My sincerest apologies. I can see that I was wrong and only a fool would believe that any of your pictures were modified using photo shop! It was my own jealousy coming through.

But I would like a report on where, when and how you managed to catch such beautiful fish!

Dan

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Dan said:
But I would like a report on where, when and how you managed to catch such beautiful fish!

Dan
Oh we all have our honey holes we cant tell others about. ;D

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
ePiC said:
Whats this about photoshop? I never photoshop my fish I wouldnt know how and Cody wasnt there when I landed this one.

[/quote]

Whoa, it needed a [i]double axle[/i] trailer! That's some big fish! My biggest, from Flaming Gorge, was small enough to fit on a single axle trailer:
[img]http://ck37.image.pbase.com/image/49442180.jpg

I was lucky that rigor mortis had set in, otherwise his tail would have been dragging on the road...

:p

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Dan said:
Did either of you have your fish mounted?

Dan
Haha I'd had to morgage the house to mount that, plus its a catfish they are ugly you dont mount catfish.

TAL0362 said:
Epic, Work2fish,

Nice, some huge filets I bet. What did you catch them on?

Terre
Filled up my deep freeze, my dads deep freeze, my inlaws deep freeze, and my friends freezer. Plus we had a fish fry for all the ones that didnt make it into the freezer. The garbage company charged me extra for some reason.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
TAL0362 said:
Epic, Work2fish,

Nice, some huge filets I bet. What did you catch them on?

Terre
Terre,
I was using a 25 lb Mepps Syclops:

Dan said:
Did either of you have your fish mounted?

Dan
Dan,
I could not afford to mount it, either -- I couldn't justify the withdrawal from my retirement savings.

·
Registered
24,589 Posts
What did you catch them on?
I thought they took pontoons off an 18 foot pontoon boat and painted them up to look like rapalas...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
mine was caught on an 1/8 ounce red and white tube jig on an ultra light crappie rig... I barely had him hooked in the corner of the mouth it was a great fight.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Wow work2fish, I get tired just thinking about casting that thing, your daughter must be really tough. I kind of have you figured out though, she casts all day, hooks the fish, and you take all the credit.

I'm thinking I would rather be using Epics catfishing/crappie bait, the down side however would be what I guess was probably a long lasting fight.

Still, they both are amazing!

Terre

1 - 20 of 20 Posts