Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went by Chatfield this am they have pulled the docks and chained off the ramps.

It looks like the entire lake has a cap on it. It was hard to tell because of fog blowing across the ice. I checked the ice thickness at the north boat ramp. It was about 2-3 inches thick. Problem is the top inch or 2 is frozen snow only the bottom inch is clear. I kicked through it with no problem from the ramp.

Stay off for a while, its still has some thickening to do before its safe. (Even for Slayer I think). But as cold as it s supposed to be today and tonight it might be ok in a few days.

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SLAYERFISH said:
Dan said:
Stay off for a while, its still has some thickening to do before its safe. (Even for Slayer I think).

Dan
I havent drowned yet,have I? Ya just gotta think lite!
There is always a first time and it would be terribly depressing to have any annual "Slayer Memorial Fishing Contest". Fun, but depressing!

Dan

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Dan said:
SLAYERFISH said:
Dan said:
Stay off for a while, its still has some thickening to do before its safe. (Even for Slayer I think).

Dan
There is always a first time and it would be terribly depressing to have any annual "Slayer Memorial Fishing Contest". Fun, but depressing!

Dan
would the memorial fishing contest be an ice contest because i would hate to lose some more members to thin ice at slayers memorial fishing contest

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fishingkats said:
Dan said:
SLAYERFISH said:
Dan said:

Dan

Dan
would the memorial fishing contest be an ice contest because i would hate to lose some more members to thin ice at slayers memorial fishing contest
Ideally it would be on thin ice, (would you want it any other way Slayer?) but with the large number of people I would expect to attend such a prestigous event it would have to be later in the season.

Dan

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
I can feel the love,guys. Yeah,ken wont give out free stickers till I'm dead. I like the thin ice idea,if theres free booze and food maybe I'll stick around to be there.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoa everybody, we are getting ahead of ourselves here. Before we can worry about ColoradoFisherman.com giving away prizes and stuff Slayer has to drown.

How about it Slayer? Willing to take one for the team?

Dan

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi All,

I also stopped at Chatfield tonight on my way home around 3:30. I saw where Dan must've kicked through and I took my petite 205 pounds a couple of steps out next to the hole. (Oh yeah I'm a risk taker, willing to stand over about a foot of water.) It's gonna take at least a T-shirt to get me out there just yet.

I'm hoping that by the weekend we can be fishing at Chatfield. I'm still probably gonna head south to 11-mile on Sunday - if I get the shingles replaced that were torn off by the Front Range hurricane .

Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheese Head!

so did you go through? is it any thicker than I found it this am?

It would be nice to hit it this weekend. I am very excited about the start of the ice season there and hope I am not too optimistic.

Dan

·
Registered
633 Posts
I fished the cove Thursday for about an hour. 3 1/4" of ice. Not a lot, but I felt safe enough to haul my fat a$$ out there. Didn't catch anything. Saw a lot of fish on the Vexilar. A guy with a camera said all he saw were shad and carp. Will be back today from 11 to about 2 if anyone wants to join me I'll be the tall fat guy with the gray Ice Team hat on. Say Hi. Looney

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wish I could join you, which cove are you in? the north boat or marina? i stopped at Kriley pond this am, so now Ihave to take the wife Xmas shopping.......... :-\

Good Luck

Dan

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I fished the boat dock cove today after work from 2-43. The ice is 4-5 inches thick. I caught 4 crappie 2 of them were 11 inches long. I have only caught oneother crappie there in the 5 years that I have lived here. I was using a green jig with a meal worm.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts