Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan on going out early to Chatfield tomorrow morning (Sunday). Kids want to sleep in so if anyone is interesting in meeting up in the morning. Always nice to meet other fishing fanatics...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also planning on the swim beach - looking at arriving around 6:15 - 6:30.

Fistfullafish -- 9news has the following forecast:
"Most of the snow end by midnight but light snow is possible even after the midnight hour. Any additional accumulation tonight will be minor. Overnight low temperatures in the metro area will be in the upper teens."

Is the area off the beach any good for walleye? Mostly caught trout at Chatfield...

Plan on bringing my topo/structure map of the lake. Would like to identify where the old roadbed is.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Note: I drive a champagne-colored 4-running with a rocketbox on top. Shelter is a Frabill Hideout (gray/black box).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Zen, a group of us are heading out there Monday. If you could give a report on conditions when you get back it would be appreciated. Good luck out there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the delay in my report... Super Bowl kept me busy Sunday afternoon and evening.

Got out to Chatfield at 6:45 am and fish about 100' directly off of the swim beach buildings in 14 fow. Fished pink/white tube bait and an assortment of jigs that worked before. All bites and fish were on the tube bait with meal worms. Caught 6 and missed at least that many strikes... Kept three for supper. It seemed like the trout were moving in and out of that spot every 30 minutes or so.

http://www.clickpointranch.com/henryfamily/chatfield_2-6-11/index.swf​

1 - 10 of 10 Posts