Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be fishing on Chatfield from 11/2 thru 11/6. Is anyone else planning on being out there? I'll be the guy in the 22 foot fishin barge, yell out if you see me.

I heard on 950 the fan last weekend that the trout bite is on. But I see posts here that its not. I have to find out for myself.

Any suggestions? The guy on the Fan said trolling? What do you guys troll with for Trout? I caught a couple really nice one's last Feb March while trolling for Walleye with a Jig Head and curley tail. I was shocked.

In July I caught tons of trout with worms on the bottom just South of the Swim Beach.

I've heard the Browns spawn up by the Platt Inlet. Has that happened yet? What do they go after when there spawning?

In another post I read that the Catfish were good this time of year. I thought it would be too cold. Anyone still fishing for cats? In July I got a 4 pounder. Pretty nice but Football Season started and my fishing time got nixed.

The team I coached didnt make the playoffs so I'm back.

Love to hear from you.

I'll post a Fishing Report when I'm finished.
Joe

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
This isnt much of an answer,but I gotta ask-Why spend 5 days at Chatfield. There are so many other places to go that are much better.

F

·
0 Posts
my cousin who fishes chatfield all the time said trolling rapala's has been doing really well on trout....yesterday someone in there boat landed a 22 incher

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I live about 5 miles from the Boat Ramp. 

I know there's better places to go but I can fish Chatfield and still get stuff done around the house.  I was thinking about trying Granby or Boyd. 
I made the trip to Eleven Mile a couple times to catch the same trout I catch at Chatfield.

I made the trek to Taylor Park and got shut out except for stocker size trout I could catch at Centenial off of Santa Fe and Union.

I fish from a 22 foot Pontoon usually by myself. Its tough to get on and off the trailer at places that don't have docks. Its no problem if there is a place to beach or if someone is with me but it can get pretty interesting by my self.

I have boated several trout this year in the 20 + inch range at Chatfield.  I just havent fished this time of year because of commitments to coaching AYL Football.

The last fishing report last year said the Brown Trout were spawning at the Platte River Inlet. 

Has anyone ever fished the Brown Spawn at Chatfield?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
If they havent ran up into the river yet you might do very well...they would be staging in the bay to the Platter River Inlet...I would try casting some 11 and 13 floating Rapalas up in there...and maybe bait under a bobber since it is shallow up there...silver spoons too with all the shad in there...tip them with a piece of a minnow if you can get your hands on some...the only places I know of in town that have them now are Valley Country and Gander out in Aurora...good luck...I maybe fishing some out there...I will look for you if I am...the walleyes will start crashing the shorelines...dont ignore the south marina...last week the shad were thick in there as the water is a few degrees warmer in there as they try and stave off winter...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Krocidiles with a prok rind work well for walleyes. Either a black, red, or white pork rind whit a black, red, or white krocidile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts