Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 9-year-old grandson and I recently started to fish at Chatfield. We were fishing at the two ponds on the South end, but they've become really busy with school kids and recreational float renters. My grandson loves to catch Bluegill, but I'd like to show him how much fun catching a bigger variety can be.

I would appreciate knowing where the best places to fish are at Chatfield. I'm interested in Crappie, Bass and Catfish. Not really into trout.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
try the coves on the north side of the dam, or try from the lower east side of the lake, if you want to get him hooked on trout,take him to south catamount, near pikes peak

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
just so you know the bigger pond is better fishing then the other two. if the river isn't high park at the south east lot before Waterton canyon and walk east along the path. you will pass a small pond at first wich is loaded with small fish. if you keep going through the river you'll get to the biggest of the ponds that has a lot of stunted perch but also some good size bass. north of that are two other ponds with small fish in them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts