Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the fishing sucked, really bad.  I mean really really bad.  But besides that, it was nice to be out and meet the few people that showed up.  Got to meet Ken, Afishman, Jay (again), Pete, Scorpoin_bsk, and seen zman but didn't speak to him.  Wish I could of met more people but I was getting sunburned and decided to go home.  Thanks Ken for setting this up and for the burgers and dogs.  Hopefully, we can do this again in the near future more than once a year and more people will show up.  I am still looking foward to a ice fishing get together. 
One suggestion for Ken, next time we should have a schedule for certain events so everyone will be able to meet each other such as: lunch at 11:00-1:00. Games at 2:00-3:00.  Trash pick up from 3:30-4:30 etc....  This way everyone will be around at the same time instead of showing up whenever.  Still, it was fun.

·
Registered
863 Posts
yea i dont think i got to meet you either muskie an ice fishing get together is a good idea that way we can all sit and BS while fishin that would be a fun time

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Fishing sucked? You obviously didnt get into the huge smallies me and Afishman got into hehe. The food was good, the company was nice, and it was good to put real people with screen names. Wish a few more people would of made it so I could of placed more real people with screen names. Here are some pics I have.

The moderators (that showed up cough1eyecoughrottalcough :P ) Left to right Dan, Ken, ePiC, Z-man.

[img]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1570/flyby6zh.jpg
Here is the fly-by that Ken organized for the huge event. ;)

Here is Afishman's huge smallie and his pimp shirt.

Oh but did I top his smallie with this one ???

Here is the hardcore clean up crew, and the trash we were able to wrestle away from the ants!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I loved the fly by, it was amazing they just kept circling..........

Sorry I missed Afisherman, Jay in Parker and Got Muskie?

Dan

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I also would like to say Thanks to all and a big Thanks to Ken for setting this up. While we were only there for a short time it was great to be able to talk fishing and put some faces with names. Man I was tired and by the time I left im not really sure what was going on. :) :)

Thanks again!!!!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
578 Posts
I also want to thank Ken and everybody who worked to put this together. It was really cool and it was great to meet all of you! :) And gotmuskie?, I'm looking forward to getting that tiger muskie, or two, this Thursday! We might see James at Pinewood in the evening also. Great Job Ken! Also......the F-16's doing the fly by's was awesome!!!!! I love them guys!!!!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
what a great day. i really enjoyed meeting everyone. jay i am glad to see you made it home ok.any more sxpeeding tickets? j/k epic that was the spot for the monster smallies. ken thanks alot i really enjoyed it

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I'm sorry I missed it.

We got back from vacation in upper Michigan at about 2pm. My mom, my two kids, and three dogs all slept in the truck Saturday night because all the hotel rooms were sold out between Des Moines and Omaha. After unpacking everything, I was just too pooped to go.
We all had a great vacation, its nice to be back home though, to catch up on some rest.

Terre

·
Registered
594 Posts
I am sure sorry I was not able to make it either. I went to hook up the boat on Saturday morning and found that out newest dog had chewed off the light connestor :mad: I was sooooooo mad that my day was ruined!
left_turn56

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yes, Ken thanks for hosting the event; I had a great time as well.

I'd also like to thank those individuals that joined us but aren't members yet, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Please join the forum and share your thoughts, we'd like to have yo as members, and as you already know, we really quite a friendly bunch!

It was great meeting all of you, and I'll send out a post when the lakes ice up, as many of you are waiting to give ice fishing a try.

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
My apology fellas. Duty called and I was tied pretty tight on Sunday. Til next time. Looks like it was fun!!

1eyeReD

·
Registered
258 Posts
First of all, Nancy and I want to say "THANKS KEN" for putting this event on. The burgers, dogs and deserts were great. It was also great meeting the guys and the families.
Since there were some guys that stopped into the picnic area before and after we were there, there were more guys at the get-together than we thought.
We had a campsite we stayed at on Sunday night, but that will be the last time we sleep in a tent. The tent we had was to small and very uncomfortable. I guess our "old bodies" just can't take the old style of camping anymore (tent, etc.) like we did years ago. Actually, it had been 25 years since I had slept in a tent and 10 years for the wife. Next time, our camping will be in a Motor Home or Camping Trailer.
Didn't have much luck at the "fishing" end of it. Caught one small Rainbow on Sunday evening (release it) and caught an even smaller one on Monday morning (that one really swallowed the bait and when we released it, a Seagull ate it).
We were really tired after we got home on Monday afternoon and are very glad that we are taking tomorrow off from work.
Again.........THANKS KEN for the picnic and the fly-overs of those jet fighters were something to watch!!!!!!!!!
Cody (cowboy)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I too apologize for missing the event...work, as usual, ended up hindering my plans of showing up on sunday. a weak excuse, yes, but its all i got--i was looking forward to meeting all of you folks there

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah! My first post. Really had a good time at the picnic.
It was good meeting some really nice people who have a passion for fishing and the outdoors.
Ken, thanks again for the hamburgers, they were great.
The magazine - I read from cover to cover. Really enjoyed the very detailed articles.
The fly-over was cool.
Chatfield is very nice.
Pictures - oh boy, stupid operator (myself) loaded the film incorrectly so they didn't turn out at all. Hope cowboys did.
Lurkergirl and her mom

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I knew it wouldnt take long for you to register, after the picnic. We all saw your name come up on the member list but still you lurked. Was nice meeting you and chatting at the picnic, sorry to hear about your camera malfunction.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
so girl how long you been lurking?

good to have ya as a member now

welcome and enjoy

1 - 20 of 44 Posts