Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about going out tonight and try some of my walleye spots but this warm weather is making me nervous about the conditions of the ice. So if anybody has any information it would be greatly appreciated. Also if anybody would like to join me just let me know. I have plenty of bait and rods so just let me know.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Was out yesterday, Tuesday, and ice was 10-12" with snow. Drove by today @ 4:00 pm and it looked pretty sloppy. There were 8-10 groups fishing, however. It looks pretty wet over about 1/2 the lake.

Slow yesterday, managed a couple slimers and a sunburned face.... beautiful day on the ice, though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Yeah I'm going to head out around six and I think I'm going to start in the Massey draw area and move if it's too wet or if I can't find the fish. I'm driving a tan silverado and am in a blue clam ice shelter so if you want to try for some walleye let's do it.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
If I wasn't out all day at cherry creek I'd be down for sure. I think the ice should be safe, but there will be a sketchy top that will crack and you sink a bit. But the main lid is pretty strong at chatty, well at least for probably the next week.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Out Thurs morn for awhile early.... still around 7-10 inches of ice/snow/slush. WINDY mid morning. Marked tons of fishies first half hour, three missed bites... Saw Nate Z. filming his new Smallie video.... Of course, I was in another area getting skunked...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thinkin about headin out there Sunday morning with a couple of guys. Hope its still good by then. Do you guys know if the edge is still frozen at catfish flats area ?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Drove by today on the way home from work @ 1:00 and saw just a few people fishing on the main portion of the Lake. The flats"area" should be okay in the morning on Sun.

·
Registered
316 Posts
fished catfish flats this morning.... 4-5" of slush/cloudy ice on top of 4-5" of somewhat clear ice. Edges were fine when I got off the ice at 10:30.

don't forget the ice cleats ;)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
does anyone have a latest update for chatfield ice? was thinking of heading out there tomorrow afternoon into evening to try for walleyes. anyone want to come? any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
I drove around it yesterday. THere was considerable open water around the south marina. The rest remained frozen, and I would think it's safe. I saw a couple of people out off Massey Draw and near the Swim Beach.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
thanks don ,want to join me? were would i look for walleye? was going to go to the south marina area but that doesnt sound like a good idea.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Thanks for the invitation, Glenn, but I think I'm heading out of town either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday morning.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'm open for some ice fishing this weekend! I have my own poles shack and auger. Just let me know what I should bring! I'll fish 24 hrs of teh day!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
well, lets meet at the swim beach around 3pm saturday and see what we can find. im hoping to fish into the night.going to use minnows and spoons.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts