Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw that this tournament is coming up quick......I also haven't fished chatty for a few weeks...... I've been curious as to what the ice conditions are...... it seems like it's been perpetually warm and imagine the lake is not up to par........ I'm looking to find out........ I'll call them tomorrow but thought someone on here might know as well...... thanks

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Posted on Tightline Ice Addiction Tournament Series Facebook page on January 19 at 9:03pm:

"Hello Anglers, sorry we haven't posted much. The show schedule has been crazy. We did do an ice check today, we had 8.25 to 9 inches where we plan on hosting the event. We also had less than a 1/2 inch of ice rot so things are looking great for the event!!"

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Interesting... What would I want in my tackle box?
Chatty is a BIatch!! lol If I fish it...... I'm planning on trying Small tubes and plain hook with a minnow. Any small jigs or Kast masters or spoons ect.

Last year the winning fish at chatty was a sucker so may want to bring some night crawlers.. Not sure that is what they were caught on i just assume it was lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
So you just drop your bait down the hole and wait? Do you jig? Play with depths? So I can just put a live minnow on there and let him swim around? How many holes do you get?

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
So you just drop your bait down the hole and wait? Do you jig? Play with depths? So I can just put a live minnow on there and let him swim around? How many holes do you get?
Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes. and only 1 hole 1 rod at a time per person.

I try a variety of all methods until i figure out what works.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes. and only 1 hole 1 rod at a time per person.

I try a variety of all methods until i figure out what works.
You said the holes will already be drilled, how does that work? Are the holes drawn at random? Do you pick your spot? Not only have I never fished in a tournament I have never ice fished. Is there anything I should bring other than a rod, some tackle, a bucket, and warm clothes? Any tips or tricks for someone who has never ice fished?

·
Registered
749 Posts
The holes are picked on a first come basis. The sooner you arrive the better selection of Holes. Remember sign in starts 5am fishing starts 8am until noon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just signed up for the tournament. I've gone ice fishing a couple times before but never fished a tournament.

If I'm lucky enough to catch something how do you guys recommend taking it to weigh in? Rules said fish must be alive when weighed in. Do you have a bucket with water that you take over?

I'll see some of you out there tomorrow. You can probably identify me by looking for the person that's completely confused.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
When you catch it you just run it over to the weigh-in. The weigh in is in the middle of the area so not a big deal keeping the fish alive.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
There are about a million pre-drilled holes in a 100ft square. The weigh-in is like 10ft away. I would hesitate to call this fiasco a "Tournament". It's basically just a raffle.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
There are about a million pre-drilled holes in a 100ft square. The weigh-in is like 10ft away. I would hesitate to call this fiasco a "Tournament". It's basically just a raffle.
Thats a little bit of an exaggeration.... LMAO. But kinda true

1 - 20 of 34 Posts