Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Nope was out there yesterday...North tower ramp docks are in but surrounded by 2 inch ice...South boat ramps is chained off...the south platte river inlet arm is iced over...maybe by midweek they may be open...looks like a warm spell is coming...need some wind...although I wonder how long it will last...I saw Alaska was having 60 below weather...that usually slides in for a week...the next two weeks should be interesting...only one more month of really possible sub zero weather...and then boating until next winter...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, for the update. I wanted to go out later this week and give it a try. Do you know if calling the Park office works to get that info. It's a 30 mile drive to Chatfield for me so just running out to see if docks are in and useable, sucks for me.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The State Parks web site was updated immediately with the status when they opened
Chatfield for boating on the 9th.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I called them a few weeks ago and they said to bring my boat on out, ive also saw boats out there in mid december, not sure how the fish are biteing but im gonna take the boat out this sunday and give it a try.....

·
Registered
459 Posts
I drove by there the other day, alot of ice on the South end. It also looked like there were ice sheets in the center...that can be rough on a gel coat.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Chatfield is NOT open to boating. It opened for a short while but the North cove and the south end froze back up and they closed it to boating. They will reopen it when the ice melts out of the cove and some more melts from the south end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts