Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went out to chatfield ponds last night after an exciting night last weekend. we didnt really get crap. maybe 6 bites. My dad fished lastnight at a different lake and didnt do crap either.. Anyone do any good last night.

C

·
0 Posts
that sucks when its good one weekend and bad the next. how did you do the previous week?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad night Fishhard. That must suck after all the work you put into making them stinky liver sacks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think the liversacks may have been too bad. It sucks to spend all that time and not get a damn thing.. oh well there is always nexttime

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am taking my sons out this week and fish the ponds with catfish dynamite, liver, hot dogs, shrimp and worms. Should get a bite on something.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
coonass1962 said:
I am taking my sons out this week and fish the ponds with catfish dynamite, liver, hot dogs, shrimp and worms. Should get a bite on something.
I'm willing to bet the dynamite outfishes them all.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Liver sacks?? What were you doing? For fishing fresh chicken liver - I HAVE A TRICK!!

Use a size 8 or so treble hook, Take a piece of fresh liver and wrap it around the hook, push down so it hangs up on the hooks..... Now comes the cool part!!! Take an old golf ball and cut the outer skin off of it. You will see wound rubber band material under the skin. unwind a bunch of this stuff and keep it in a baggie. Take a small piece of this off and and wrap it around the liver to keep it on the hook. When you wind it on, you have to hold onto the tag end and wrap over the top of it. It will bind onto itself and let you wrap it around the liver a few times. This will do a really good job of keeping the liver on your hook.

I know it sounds kind of crazy, but this is what we used to do to fish for Wipers in Texas. The rubber material from the golf ball is so stretchy that it works perfectly... Normal rubber bands won't work..

Try it out and good luck!! Tim

·
Registered
636 Posts
you must have had some good luck with the dynamite epic. I have a tube of it and used it twice with no success. I have the blood flavor and used it inside of the little plastic balls with a treble and mixed it in with liver inside of pantyhose. It says if there is no bite within 20 minutes then there is no fish around. I don't believe that considering I have caught many cats at the place that I tried it out. What are your thoughts on it?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Hehe I was talking the super large firecracker, usually marked with TNT on the box.

·
Registered
943 Posts
ive heard cherry bombs work as well. ::) not from personal experience of course

·
Registered
636 Posts
Oh that dynamite. i've tried the m-70's at a beaver pond when I was a kid and it didn't work. But I heard that if you dump lime in the water, they will come floating up. I learned this from a militay survival book. Never tried it and probably never will though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
hehe, hey look im a stupid 15 year old teenager thanks for all the info your giving me lol jk thats cool though

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we actually did the best on shrimp both weekends.. so be sure to try shrimp.. they really like that. we did good on the livers too.. best of luck to you this weekend please keep us informed..

Here is a Pabst for you

good times

·
Registered
80 Posts
These things have been used in Louisiana. I was born and raised near Pineville La. and my Dad and uncle used these things back in the early 70s. But he used an electric fence charger. They work great but are very illegal.

·
Registered
374 Posts
ive tried my heart out at the ponds and havent had any luck really,just a few small cats.i have the crawdad eating my bait problem when i go there.anyway to cure that issue.
shawn

1 - 18 of 18 Posts