Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a trip to the chatfield ponds today (too nasty to get on the lake in a jon) the bluegill are bitin like crazy. Caught about 25. Dont know where the bass are tried drop shot worms, spinnerbugs, jigs, and cranks.........NADA maybe they'll move in to spawn ???

·
Registered
294 Posts
What were the Blue Gill hitting on? If you don't mind me asking? What size hook do you use for them? I'd love to get my nephews into them after work one night this week.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we caught them all on purdy small red worm hooks w/ a piece of nightcrawler. Pretty basic. Would be tons of fun for the nephews~!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we caught most of them in the second pond (left of the big one). across there is a brush pile you can get to by boat or i guess you can walk around the cove and get to the other side throw the worms under a bobber on the outskirts of the brush and you will hit them good. P.S be careful not to get hung~!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks for the info i'll give it a shot.

To answer one of your questions from another thread.

I've done really good fishing for the Small Mouth right in the Boat Ramp Cove on the North side of the lake. Shiner under a bober about 5 feet from shore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts