Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was at the ponds today caught about 20 crappie white and black i huge yellow perch 4 largemouth bass biggest 15 inches and lots of bluegill i was using those crappie stinger tubes and a pumpkin senko

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Chatfield Ponds...which ones are we talking about? The ones by Kingfisher or the ones on the on the other side of C-470...or are there more ponds?

·
Registered
204 Posts
catfish,

Which pond. I use to fish there quite a bit and usually did well on panfish. Any size to them?? Which pond where you fishing, but i am sure they both might be the same

·
Registered
17 Posts
The ponds that are on the opposite side of C-470 from the reservoir are the South Platte Ponds, not the Chatfield Ponds. The Chatfield Ponds are on the Reservior side of the highway.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Catfishking. I like those ponds, but I hate when someone launches a tennis ball right where I just casted, followed by a giant dog. I have to think the fish don' like that too much. I think I'll go after work today.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was fishing at the far two ponds theres trees and tree stumps sticking out of water yeah it was a pain thought cause dogs kept running and jumping in the water by where i was fishing

·
Registered
92 Posts
to get to these ponds do you have to go through the state park and pay $5 ?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Main entrance, go left towards the dam, go down that hill by the spillway, then proceed and you'll hit these ponds?

·
Registered
410 Posts
You can park in the gravel ponds on the other side of E-470 and then walk the trail under the highway and to the Chatty Ponds for free. You can also fish the gravel pond while your at it. I have done well for baby buckets in the gravel ponds (Platte Park). Good luck.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Went there Wednesday from 4pm to 8pm with the kids. Caught tons of little bluegill and crappie (too small to keep). Hooked into something big with a Rebel crawfish crank bait, but lost it. Dogs were a major problem. They run right up where you're fishing and stand in the water. Owners don't seem to care. I know it's a dog training area (hunting dogs, that is), but come on . . . Even the guys in the float tubes were having problems. Saw one guy drifting a night crawler and some fool throws a training decoy right where the guy's bait would be. The dog just about swam into the guy's line.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts