Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the "Vampire Chronicles" kinda trip again last night out to Chatfield with basically the same results as two weeks ago. Two MRT and 2 Smallmouth (no Walleye's last night). Trolling the lake with Rapala's caught fish. Also did some Slabbin' without a bite.
Fished from 4 P.M. till 2 in the morning, and it does get colder than "Z-Man's" you know what at that time of the night (you all can fill in the what).
Did notice that the Shad are almost gone, so they've either gone down with the colder water (temp. down 6 degrees from two weeks ago at 47 to 50 degrees), or are in someone's stomach. Lake closes to boating December 1st.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Thanks for the report.....sounds like you got more of the same that was handed to me the other night down there. Not a bad place to be stubborn tho......it has a way of making it all worth it in just one bite.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
solesearcher34 said:
Thanks for the report.....sounds like you got more of the same that was handed to me the other night down there. Not a bad place to be stubborn tho......it has a way of making it all worth it in just one bite.
And it should only get better as the temp. drops, and more of the Shad die off.
Don't you love fishing when the lake is all yours?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
catfish_al said:
solesearcher34 said:
Even chatty is usually pretty vacant at 3am on a weekday! Seems like the shad die-off was a little behind schedule most spots this year. Lots of good opportunity left this softwater season for sure.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
solesearcher34 said:
catfish_al said:
solesearcher34 said:
Even chatty is usually pretty vacant at 3am on a weekday! Seems like the shad die-off was a little behind schedule most spots this year. Lots of good opportunity left this softwater season for sure.
No doubt about it. I figure with the temp. dropping 5-6 degrees every two weeks, we still got till mid December to catch some keepers, in the dark.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Went last night. Logged water temp of 50 :( After making one trolling pass my trolling motor stopped working :mad: Being overly attached to my Terrova with I-Pilot I went home shortly after getting there. I'll be out soon after fixing it & by then the overly abundant shad should die and disperse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts