Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Chatfield ( a non-private area) this morning at 5am. Fished from 5 till 9am. It was a beautiful morning and the smallies were popin'! Ended up with 26 of them. YOU GOTTA THINK LIKE A FISH!!!!!!--Wayne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,571 Posts
I'll be the first to say-Helluva job! SLAY THOSE PUPPIES!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
so you are saying you can catch fish in non-privet, stocked areas too???? HMMMMM...
Nice job!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,266 Posts
left_turn56 said:
so you are saying you can catch fish in non-privet, stocked areas too???? HMMMMM...
Nice job!!!!

Why are you being so hard on Wayne? Although he's new to the board he is a big supporter of the site/magazine and is in fact a pro Bass fisherman. Who cares if he fishes private ponds? Most of us would kill to fish/own our own private water.

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
No disrepect inteded at all!!! Sorry...that is NOT how I meant that...I meant that he was taking heat for catching fish on privat water then he posted he was catching fish as well in a tough place to fish...See my post on Fishing Update From Last Weekend. Hopefully that will clear it up. Sorry for the confusion!!
left_turn56
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,266 Posts
left_turn56 said:
No disrepect inteded at all!!! Sorry...that is NOT how I meant that...I meant that he was taking heat for catching fish on privat water then he posted he was catching fish as well in a tough place to fish...See my post on Fishing Update From Last Weekend. Hopefully that will clear it up. sorry fior the confusion!!
left_turn56
ok, no prob! Guess i took it wrong. Not that wayne cant defend himself its just I know him and he's good people.

:)


[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
good job wayne. hopefully they were bigger than the lure you were using. that lake is loaded with smallies
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,511 Posts
Went out to Chatfield ( a non-private area)
Touche' Bwahahahahahahahahahahahhahaa...nice put back!!!

Welcome!...you'll fit right in!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,797 Posts
any size to those smallies?

glad to see your still here looking forward to your future posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,144 Posts
bassmasters65 said:
Went out to Chatfield ( a non-private area) this morning at 5am. Fished from 5 till 9am. It was a beautiful morning and the smallies were popin'! Ended up with 26 of them. YOU GOTTA THINK LIKE A FISH!!!!!!--Wayne
Got any pics, or information on lures/techniques that you could add?

Thanks,
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Thanks for the Info I went tonight for about 3 hours we caught 12 smallies. Only 1 fish of decent size(legal) and 1 about 2" long. Still better than watching Tred Barta. Fished small crank baits along the dam. caught 1 spitting out a crawdad. Had the kids so we trolled 5 to 7 feet of water from 1.7 to 2.0 mph. Talked to a couple of people that hadn't caught anyhthing all night. Don't know why? The cranks we were fishing were about 2 to 3 inches long. Ablue and white shad did the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,797 Posts
hey im watching tred catch sailfish in cabo right now!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top