Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

About to head out to Chatty(Inspections @ 6am) Just reserving a spot here for another Chatfield SKUNK report!!

To Be Contd..............................

·
Registered
458 Posts
I was considering going there to fish from shore or fish some of the smaller ponds to the south. Anyone have any input on shore fishing chatty?

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...... Just got back. And I was right about the skunk :( Chatty can be a biatch!!

FistFullaFish was with me and managed 3 Smallies... all early in the day. Nothing big... 13-14" but FAT!! !! Super FAT! Nothing after that. I think he picked up 2 on a shallow diving suspending jerk bait.. and the other on a deep diving suspending jerk bait... Perch pattern, Jerking the **** out of it for all fish. 4-8' of water.

Water temp was 55-57. Lots of boats as would be expected @ chatty! More wake boarders,skiers, and jet skiers than I would have expected this early in the year... 55 Degrees is still cold to me!!

Anyway I guess it was good to get out...... Wind picked up and FistFullaFish had to get to work... Hit the N. Marina cover pretty hard with jerks to no avail and then headed out.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Last week... Tues- Thurs. was REALLY good for Eyes..
Fri sucked.... :mad:
Go figure... struggled to get 5 fish, one was 22" however..
He went back in to be caught again..
Hopefully, Tommarro brings some great catching once again. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts