Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I was out on the lake early at 6:00 to watch the Balloons come over the Beach area.
At about 8AM, we headed (again) to our usual spot near the river mouth looking for Rainbow and Brown trout. We were in 28 feet of water, plenty of fish on sonar, but not a single bite for almost 2 1/2 hours. Then, we moved up to an area across from the Swim Beach, about the middle of the lake where the water was 40-45 feet deep and that is where the "action" was really at. We got three Rainbow's, one was 16 inches. We let two others go...just to small. All that action happened in less than 45 minutes! Those trout must have really liked those nightcrawlers from Wal Mart! After that, we went home.
We will hit the lake one more time next weekend before we take our boat to the Dealer to be "winterized" and stored in our garage. I have hip replacement surgery on the 14th of Sept.
Watching those big Balloon's go over our boat and catching those trout "made our day".
Cody (cowboy)

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Sounds like it was a good time... Our friend from New Mexico is a ballooner and usually comes up for these but he just moved to the East coast so I doubt I will be going to them as much as I use to.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Hope your surgery goes well, you certainly looked like your hip was giving you a lot of trouble at the get together. Maybe i will make it out in the morning this weekend, if so I will be looking for you.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts