Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the impression sometimes that a segment of American society has lost faith in the notion of honor. It seems that honor is "uncool," or "lame," or maybe even "gay." I had the opportunity last year to interact with an older gentleman (in his mid 60's) for a period of three months (I did some community service with him). We didn't always see eye to eye, especially when it came to politics. :D The last day that I saw him, he shook my hand and said that I was an "honorable man." That was cool. I can't remember the last time someone had told me that, or the last time I had said that to someone. Maybe it was his long career in the military (he was a colonel). Maybe it was his maturity. I am not trying to portray this in terms of military vs civilian or old vs young, but it certainly seems that those two factors were at play in this instance.

Fast forward to this weekend. About a dozen Coloradofisherman met up on the ice at Chatfield:

I don’t recall all the names and handles but Bigassbassman, DanDanthefisherman, Ducky 540, Fishalot, Fishboycarl, Fishboycarl's father, Grababrewski, JohnnyO19, Looney, Lovetofish, MrTuan, Slayerfish, Soxfan, Zman and many more showed up.

The occasion: a “dance party” for Fishboycarl, as another forum member put it. And it was a sausage party:

But pork chops were also on the menu:

It was an extravaganza of epic proportion. Slayer even tried the overpriced Prius:

Fish were caught:

Beer was flowing. Jokes were told. Songs were sung. Fun was had by all. Maidens were pretty and willing. OK, there were no maidens, but a plan was hatched to implant a dance pole on the ice for next year’s event. :biggrin1:

Thanks to all who showed up. Special thanks to FishboyCarl and his father. Both were honorable enough to share their spot on Chatfield and fishing tips with us.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S.: Feel free to add your pics.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Glad you guys got into em!

Great post and pix!

zman on an ice pole... I may have to fly out to see that one... Orange and blue leotard?

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Owen, I saw no mention of zman on an ice pole...that wpuld have to be one reinforced ice pole...I will say this restored my faith a bit...this was like the old days of CF and get togethers where I met many new friends...I think at one point we counted 18 people...Looney and Soxfan were there two...it was fun meeting some people that I hadnt met before and seeing a few like Hiep (sp) that I hadnt seen in awhile...he might be one for the pole since he was cross dressing with bronco gear...and one thing and I dont mean for this to sound racial or stereotypical...but having fished with Hooknline a bunch and him rolling out Korean ribs and other goodies, working with an asian gal who brings grub in, and now Linh and his pork chops to die for...Asian spice mixtures are just phenominal...you guys can flat bring it on the culinary side!...and it was a tough choice out there fish were willing but there was bsing to do...I was beat from the long day and left early at twilight...still managed a mrt and an eye before I left, even without the fish...I didnt realize that was carl's dad...what a nice guy as is Carl...the apple doesnt fall far from the tree in this case and they fish hard...thanks for leading this pack of misfits out on the ice...that was as fun as fun can get...I may hit it Sunday evening if the wind dies later today...thanks again everyone...for renewing the reason I do this...laughter...so much fun...and Slayer driving a Prius...on camera...fat girls and mopeds...you dont want your friends watching Mikey!...lololol...

THANKS EVERYONE YOU GUYS ROCK!

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of fun!!! Sorry now I couldn't make it, pa-in-law is in town so we went to the Brass Armadillo and worked on my retirement fund a lil bit. Hope to hit the next one if the ice holds out! Thx for sharing!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
It was a great time, for sure! Great to meet you guys, and I have to agree with Zman-- Linh, those pork chops rocked! Thanks to Fishboycarl and his dad for sharing the spot. Hope we can do another one soon.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Glad you guys had a good time and that Carl can be a descent human being! I know people can be/are diff. in person than on the net but sounds like Carl did a complete 180!

Good work setting up a successful get together Carl! Glad to hear you actually have at least some of the fishing skills you claimed! ;) Hell maybe I'll join you guys on the next one..........

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
it was great! Big thanks to Carlton and his dad for the moose, spot, and tips. Big thanks to everyone who got my transducer out of the hole for me! it was a great evening/night!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I wish I would have arrived earlier to chat. Miscommunication was to blame. Glad all us had fun and yes fish were caught. I would have a photo of a nice fish but I lost it at the hole. My one and only bite. Let's do it again next year.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Almost missed that too since I thought it was morning get together until AO said it was later in the day. Glad that I made it out and saw some familiar faces and met new faces. It was fun though and I even got a chance to drink Keystone Ice from the Slayer. Thanks to Carl and AO for the brats and pork chop. I also blamed on them for not fishing much because I couldn't walked away from the grill lol.

·
Registered
315 Posts
There is little left to say since AOfisher summed it up so well. Thank you all for coming. It was a pleasure meeting you all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
sweet picture of how that eye ate the lure!

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Heckuva a party gentlemen! It was a great time fishing eating and drinking with everyone that showed. I fished hard fro 630 am till about 230 or so. Then after several beers I kinda lost my fishing edge.
It was much more fun to BS with you guys and eat moose brats. Only took a couple pics.

Here's Carlton puutin' on the Ritz!

Zmans back and others against the wind.

Where did you get them Shoooz?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Great time fosho!! Lots of good people, good food and good entertainment. Like Z said it reminded me of the old CF get togethers. No knives or guns were pulled. Lot's of great stories and just good old fashioned camaraderie.
It was nice putting some faces to names. There are some honorable people on here.
AO that pork was off the hook!
Here's a few pics:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 117 Posts