Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished off the dam by the boat ramp wednesday evening from about 5pm until 8:30, caught a couple of smallmouths, one 12", one 14" ... went back out thursday morning from about 8:30am until around 1:00 pm, it was good to "meet " you, Dan...and caught 3 more, all about the same size, it was just nice to be catching something, ya know? So I went back last night around 6, and stayed until about 9:00, caught one smallmouth right at 14" right off the bat, then right at local sunset, I caught my first walleye! I'd never even seen a live walleye before, and this one was, from what I'm reading here, a pretty good start... 21 1/2 inches, 3.5 pounds... thanks Dan for the tips, and I hope to see you out there again soon!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Congrats!! Thats not an easy feat out there! Good luck going forward.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
What were you catching your fish on?
Sounds like you had a better day than Dan.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
from what I'm reading here, a pretty good start... 21 1/2 inches, 3.5 pounds... thanks Dan for the tips, and I hope to see you out there again soon!
Glad I was able to be of some help Rob!

As you can see I get no respect on this forum, maybe I should change my name to Rodney Dangerfield..........

To the rest of you.............TTTTTHHHHHBBBBBBBBB! >:D

Dan

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I will pledge from now on not to take jabs at Dan about the baby fish thing. I've only done it a couple of times, but it's gotten to the point where it's piling on. That's a 15 yard penalty with loss of down. ; :mad:

Besides, I think baby fish are cute.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Hey Fishinpox...did you catch all those fish in the boat ramp cove area? What were you using? Last year I did pretty good there...haven't hit it this year. Threw out rattlin' rapalas and we hit a smallies most of the time and an occassional walleye.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Good Job Fishinpox!!!

I was out there in a boat on Wed. and only got one small rainbow. I did have a major hit ... but it did not hook up ... when I trolled a crank along the dam ... maybe that was your walleye's brother ... or maybe it was one of those "snag bass" I've been reading about. Those are real hard to land. LOL

Mac

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was fishing from the "no wake" bouys almost to the tower, and I was fishing with leeches. Sorry I didn't mention that before!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts