Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
dave110man said:
it looks too big to be a body. if you look, he is in 14' of water. if you look at the distance of the water column to the bottom and use that to guage your length the object would be about 2-3 times the size of a full grown adult body. also the return looks like its a solid object like concrete. i have a humminbird 997. congrats on your bird. take an aquaview with you sometime it really helps to see both and then when you are just looking at side imaging you can get a better feel for things like weeds, rocks, trees, fish, and bodies. you can find some cool stuff down there. i found a sunken boat with mine.

AWESOME pic!!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
FishnPhil said:
AWESOME pic!!!
Thanks, it was pure luck finding it. 75' in open water is not very far. i could have easily missed it. if you set the beams wider then objects like this are too hard to distinguish. after i first passed over it i tried to find it again and spent an hour doing loops. had to retrace my route on the gps to find it again. without a waypoint its like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. even then its hard. most lakes have a whole lot of nothing down here.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
dave 110 great shots of boat and rock. what sensitivity do you run. there is a side image forum on yahoo that has lots of pics and great info on using side image. thanks for the input you guys put in, great group of guys!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey dave110man ,

Where did you find that boat? I have found 2 other boats at Chatfield? Was this one there as well. And you are completely right, at the scale of 100 ft that object is too large to be a body. I also wonder if those blocks on the left are the ones that anchor the marina dock.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts