Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out on Chatfield last night with a buddy. Fished the roadbed for wallies I would love some help on how to catch those things we each landed one each then decided about 6 or so to hit the dam for some Smallies. I have had greaqt days on the Dam but last night I must say I have never caught as many or as big of fish as I did last night. I'd guess we land over 150 fish and close to twenty 12" or better. Normally I'm lucky to get 2 or 3 in a night over 12" I didn't measure any of the fish but atleast 3 of them were pushing legal size. Used just a tube jig the bigger the better it seemed. Anywaysj ust wondering if anyone else has been experiencing the smallies getting bigger at Chatfield. Don't get me wrong we landed a lot of dinks but over all the fish seem to be getting bigger. Maybe its all that fuel from those damn jetski's.

Fish

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tube was a crawdad color kinda brownish i guess and I was fishing the east side of the Dam. 4 inches was getting the best strikes.....

Fish

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thanks for the tip fished the dam tonight and did well on the Smallies. Fished a 4" power grub. Only caught 5 but 4 were pretty good and one was about 4"

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Thanks for the report! I'm already jonesing for the Chatfield get together, but now I'm counting the days!  ;D 41 days  ;D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Fly once again thanks for the info we went out and another pretty good night based on this report. Again Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts