Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the spillway last night about 5:30...was dissapointed immediately driving up...the water level has dropped 2 feet and not much water is being ran out of Chatfield...wonder if they are filling Cheeseman or Strontia Springs...maybe Antero he said hopefully!!!...well I started out fishing a leech and casting a rapala (even though I have better luck there with Rapala's after dark)...managed to catch a small 15 inch walleye and 10 inch smallie almost right away and then nothing...nothing at all on the rapala...blew two bites in succession...caught another small smallie...tried some twilight casting with the Rapala and nothing...I saw 3 small walleyes and 4 small bass caught by other parties...probably about 7 groups down there...so far it hasnt been my week!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just wanna make sure, when people say the spillway do you mean the overflow area that is to the west of the dam or the actual area where the river starts again from out of the reservoir?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where the river comes out at the bottom of the reservoir...

·
Registered
213 Posts
ok, cause on the map they make it seem like the body of water next to the river seem like the spillway. Is the fishing good at all in that body of water or is it just water?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts