Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

chatfield spillway

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  nate 
#1 ·
;D, i caught 5 wallayee, i was using a rapala husky jerk then lost it , i switched to a yellow perch x rap rapala and caught a monster wallayee measuring 26 and 1/4 incher nice long body and big head no to mention the size of this suckers teeth, im very satisfied with my catch and plan on puting it on my wall

#4 ·
Wow KK...Great job...I was beginning to wonder...I had seen a lot of 19's...netted a 22 for a guy...had a friend catch a 5 pounder...but was beginning to wonder if any good ones had been sucked out...guess I can at least go back to being hopefull...great job again!!...I dropped my gal off at 8:45...I almost stopped...would of gotten there to maybe help net...

#7 ·
Nice fish. however, due to my lack of self esteem and other basic insecurities i dont think you people should post pictures of fish if they are bigger than the fish i post pictures of. work with me people. sheesh.

just kidding KK, thats an awesome pic...im gonna have to head back down there again one evening soon and try to catch something....

#11 ·
Was there round 2:30am til like 4:30. I wanted to "familiarize" myself with the spillway.... Hehehe, I forgot the fact that "familiarizing" yourself with certain waters in pitch dark is quite difficult :D

Anyway, there was a few hardcores on the walkway right up where the water comes out. I fished the east bank with a small husky jerk. 1st cast, I caught one. Brought him all the way up to where I saw him and then boink, the husky jerk shot out of the water like a rocket and almost tagged my girl in the head. That's one sentence of b*tching. A few more and I landed a nice lil 15 incher. Got many more small bumps, but couldn't manage to set the hook. I'm thinkin they're not as active due to the crappy weather or maybe most of em's been caught, but what do I know.. I'm also thinking of trying different times such as sundown. Anyhow, it was fun. Left the parking lot at 04:15.

#13 ·
Was also at the outlet on friday night.  No walleyes but I did catch a nice smallmouth that went close to 2 1/2 pounds on a medium husky jerk.  Also caught a 15" left over stocker rainbow off the bottom with crawlers.  One thing interesting about the rainbow was that it had half of its tail fin recently bit off. 

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.