Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got there around noon just wanted to wet a line nothing serious....the water was running when we walked up so I figured I would get into a few nice ones .....as soon as I took a cast the water stopped no kidding!!!I dont know what was going on but did manage a few smallmouths that were ......small I think dans fish are swimming through the tunnel to the spillway ..jk....does anyone target cats here ?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like to learn how to fish taht lake, but no one will give me directions. Can you help FG?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I took g-pa out last monday and caught two real nice cats there. When the water is almost still it is easy to locate them. Where do you fish at the spillway?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its off c470 and wadsworth....hmmmm...these probably arent the fastest directions but its the way I go .....from my house I go east on I76 it merges into I70 take that until you get to c 470 take that south until you get to wadsworth.......then turn right on wadsworth and you'll see the entrance to the lake like a half mile or so on the left ...its a colorado state park so there is a fee ....to get to the spillway from the entrance ...pay your fee the first stop sign you hit go left follow that past the damn and youll see the spillway keep going youll see a parking lot on the left thats as close as you can get ...its not that bad of a walk ...hope that helped ....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks FG! I'm gonna try to get there. I once fished the spillway at Boyd when the lake was low. I had my boat parked right where the water would normally come in, and then the water turned on! Had to bail some water out of my boat at the dock.

·
Registered
146 Posts
the walkways are very good spots, fish on the inside of the spillway with a split shot and a worm. Just jig it a little and hold on!!!!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i;ve done good there from the walkways and down farther on the rocks i;ve caught alot of trout and walleye but i;ve never caught any small mouth or cats down there yet i used those glass shad rapalas and the walleyes ate them up

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
man, i have tried the spillway a few times with no luck at all, i stick to the dog ponds, just ...south? of the spillway. i will go to the spillway soon before they shutthe water off for the winter completely, worms and a splitshot? sounds like a plan

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i caught a monster 26 and a quarter inch walleye on a x rap in perch, i love it when there pumping water walleye action is hot at night

1 - 10 of 10 Posts