Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
great weather for fishing it keeps all the sissy's inside ...me and my cousin caught largemouths, smallmouths, and a couple of walleyes ...split shots and night crawlers ...Here is a pic of the biggest walleye

If i wasnt such an ogar you could tell this was a nice fish

I wish I would have gotten a pic of how fat this fish was ...just a hair under 5lbs ...

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Its a beautiful fat fish. You can tell its been chowing on all those shad in Chatfield!

So what did you catch it on and what time of day etc, etc

Dan

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
night crawler .....to be honest not really sure what time of day it was ...I got up there with my cousin around 1 I think and fished until 6:30 ...it was around 4 I suppose

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Nice looking fish man... any of the other ones have any size to them?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no they were all pretty small ...they other walleye was around 15inchs, I caught a smallie around 10, other than that everything was small

My cousin with a little largemouth....he got into a school of these little bad boys ...just a little fun before we headed home

·
Registered
943 Posts
nice fish fg. nice to see you are getting out and catching fish

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks its been rough with my wife being pregnant but whenever she goes to hang out with my sister I hit as many lakes as possible

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
nice fish man, those walleyes are fun , awhile back i caught so many on husky jerks i lost track, i caught a big one down there too that was 26 inches awhile back

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its a pretty cool place to fish ...I was I would have started going there earlier this year ....have you ever caught any smallies with size down there, or cats ?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nice Walleye,
I too have a pair of coveralls that look just like those.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
caught another walleye last night using a bluegill!!!! it was crazy I was reeling the bluegill in and seen the fish just hammer it ...not as big as the last one but still fun !!!

my son loves checking out the teeth on walleyes and northerns

messed up on one side....this was only the second walleye I've ever got to fillet ....Tasted great!!!!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anyone have any tips for filleting and cooking walleye

·
Registered
988 Posts
I call it poor mans lobster. Boil them skinless in salted water. Dippen in hot butter. Taste just like lobster tails.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm gonna have to try that sounds really good....Thanks fisher32!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts