Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to head out to Chatfield State Park next Wednesday, and need to know the best spots for on-shore fishing, along with the best times and best baits/lures to use for the different fish in there.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Well it might seem strange but it’s a popular spot and folks are hesitant to just share all that good info. Consider hiring a guide, or go out and put in the time like we all did. Chatty has trout and walleye, perch, bluegill, and catfish.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I will give you a bit of info beyond that doing some experimenting wouldn't be a bad idea. If you use a 1/15 or 1/8 oz jig head with any kind of twister tail in green or white, you'll get into some smallmouth bass in the later afternoon or even Walleye. Focus on rocky points or along the rocks in general. That's all I got for you. it should help you plenty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will give you a bit of info beyond that doing some experimenting wouldn't be a bad idea. If you use a 1/15 or 1/8 oz jig head with any kind of twister tail in green or white, you'll get into some smallmouth bass in the later afternoon or even Walleye. Focus on rocky points or along the rocks in general. That's all I got for you. it should help you plenty.
Sweet, thank you so much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Chatfield is my main go to lake for the last 5 years. Must have boat fished 20 time this year almost every area and have to say the least productive. Not sure what happpend to fishing and I have put in the hours with almost everything in the box. Was out yesterday and could hardly find a fish on the finder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts