Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody been on chat this week?i fished it last weekend and had to plank on.dont know if its still good to go or what.or anything in the metro thats fishable?

·
Registered
230 Posts
theres some ice on it but i wouldnt go on it. tried fishing Gross last weekend but it hasnt had ice on it yet, from the looks of it. i dont think any metro lakes have any. Evergreen is probably the closest ice that is "safe"...

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Avoid Chatfield. What little ice there is, is rotten and unsafe. If you want to fish Chatfield think shore fishing. Water is opening up in a lot of places.

Dan

·
Registered
863 Posts
yea ice is unsafe at CF right now I work down there at the reservoir so I see it everyday there is quite a bit of open fishable water thought just like dan said...my buddies buddy claimed he pulled out a 5lb rainbow yesterday from shore and a hanful of little ones but thats all the info I got

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would stay away from Chatfield for ice fishing. I live in Littleton right aroung the corner from there and I cant remember the last time it went below freezing here. Sounds like there is some good shore fishing at this time though.. Stay safe on the ice everyone..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts