Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out on the 21st to fish between the storms that we had. Got onto the lake around 6:30 just as the storms where clearing out. Ran over by the marina to fish with my son and his Uncle who was in town from Santa Barbra for a few days. Got into a few small walleye, about 6 in 1 hour all under 18".

Here's the story. My son was reeling in his line that he thought had a walleye on it. When we could see the hook it was just a bunch of line. I got ahold of the line and pulled in about 30' of line before I felt the line pulling back. When I got it close to the boat I saw a bootom bouncer with a crawler Harness on it and attached to that was a 17" walleye. By the looks of the blade and hooks the poor fish had been swiming with it for some time. Thelast time I took him out at cherry creek he got a dead crawdad with a crankbait attached to it. My poor little gear finder.

Over all a good few hours on the lake before it got dark.

JT

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It had a double hook setup. It was hooked pretty deep so I just cut the first hook out and put him back. He took off once I placed him back in the water. Should do well once the other hook works it way out.
JT

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I took home more weight in trash than I did in actual fish last year at Chatfield. It is amazing what you can pull of the bottom. Broken lantern Glass,old pop/bear cans, zip lock bags,line and more fish line, fish with crank bait in mouth from another fishermen,

JT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts