Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at some DOW historical stocking information a while back and thousands of Tiger Musky were stocked in Chatfield, up until a couple years ago, I think. But, I've never heard of anyone catching a Tiger there. Any input is appreciated. Where would all those Tigers go? Or, do you think the data is incorrect?

M

·
0 Posts
I heard of one caught about 3 years ago. Haven't heard any reports since. My guess is they're probably few and far between.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I think the Toger Muskies are like the alleged Largemouth Bass in Chatfield, few and far between, if any. There are much better places to go for each species. Chatfield is primarily a walleye, smallmouth, trout and catfish(ery), in my opinion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've heard of sightings in the past few years, but not many, and nothing earth shaking. I don't think too many people fish for them on Chatfield. I've put at least one solid day into hunting tigers on Chatfield without seeing anything last year. It'd be nice to hear some more people fishing it for tigers and see what comes. My opinion is that they've died, escaped, or there's just too much other food for them and they're just not interested.

L

·
0 Posts
I saw some pictures of a huge Tiger caught off the dock at the marina a couple years ago but that was it.

D

·
0 Posts
Up until 2001' the division of wildlife had stocked 77,181 Tiger musky. For some strange reason they had decided that the fish weren't taking to the lake. Imagine what a bunch of great musky fisheries we could have if those fish were stocked in viable lakes.

I urge everyone interested in musky fishing to get involved with the local chapter of Muskies Inc. We need a stronger voice on what happens with our money and resourses!

And remember it fees just as good to put it back in as it does to pull it out!

·
Registered
294 Posts
About 4 years ago me and my brother were driving around the lake at night and caught a flash of what we thought was a water ski floating on the top.

We got close and realised it was a big fish. We hooked it with a Rapala and pulled it into the boat.

It was a Tiger. It weighed around 17 pounds. We tried to take a picture but it was too dark. When we released it it skimmed across the top of the water and resumed looking like a water ski.

Their in there. I've seen them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A buddy caught one a couple years ago on a Hot N Tot while trolling the dam for Walleye. Probably in the 28" - 30" range. Suprised me at the time as I didn't know they were in there!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I was fishing the dock at the marina a last year and something hit my rapala like a ton of briks and snapped my 6 pound line. It looked like it was a large cat fish in the split second glimse but who knows. I didn't think a cat would come up and hit a big minnow like that. Maybe it was a Tiger?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts