Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got on the water at 7:00 a.m. and it felt like fall.  The bite was slow, and I worked different areas of the lake swithching up gear about every 30 minutes or so.

At 10:00 a.m. I decided to try bottom bouncing the center lake while working my way south of the swim beach, as I marked fish suspended in about 20-27' of water,  and some hugging bottom.

I worked the deep end of the lake and bounced leeches, crawdad tails and crawlers, up and over the humps, 30' to 8' and back down to deepwater.  I landed one small walleye at 11:00 a.m., and another at about 11:30 a.m. .. both fish hit the leeches. I continued working different areas of the lake and pulled out at about 1:00 p.m. without catching anything else

I talked to two guys that were speed trolling, didn't ask them what they were rigged up with, but they menioned that they caught a few .. a smallie, trout and walleye.

It was a good morning to be out as 90% of the pleasure crafts, skiers and wave runners stayed home because of the cold front.

See you at the gathering tomorrow.

Pete

·
Registered
103 Posts
wow- you were just behind us...started at 6:30...started at the dam and missed a few, then went to the beach, missed a few really tentative strikes on leaches and crawlers, went back to the dam around 10:00 and got into bassapoloza, not another boat around, stayed until 1pm, a couple over 14", 28 total, the bite was in less than 8' but alot later than regular... like you said, no jet skis and big boats :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
I didn't have much luck today! :( I got one smallie about 8" and my bro got one about the same size. Great to be there today tho, got to meet some really cool people! And I got my magazine subscription! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts