Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time out this year. Tried Chatty, its close to home. Weather great, ice about 6". Fished from 10A till 1P and never marked a fish. Tried 14 feet out to 25 feet.
Moved to back pond and caught perch from very small to about six inches on wax worms.. Fished till 2:30 and called it quits. One of those days weather hot, fish cold.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I was out there today. Lot's of people but no movement at all. It looked like an episode of Twilight Zone!

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Slayer and I got blanked on Creek Tuesday at afternoon twilight a couple of bumps and a **** load of shad...my 1st ice trip of the year...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Doesn't sound like there's a lot going on. Where to go...

·
Registered
16,848 Posts
Fished Crack with Coffee Joe from 3-6pm. I marked 3 fish in 3 hrs. I scared them away.
Joe saw more but same result-

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Fished Crack with Coffee Joe from 3-6pm. I marked 3 fish in 3 hrs. I scared them away.
Joe saw more but same result-
Schucks. I can't find my handheld GPS and I don't have the confidence I'll be able to get on top of the "good" spots at the Crack without that. Might have to improvise this weekend...

·
Registered
16,848 Posts
Schucks. I can't find my handheld GPS and I don't have the confidence I'll be able to get on top of the "good" spots at the Crack without that. Might have to improvise this weekend...
Dont matter- the good spots all suck anyway-

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I use my iPhone as my GPS now fyi.

But if you don't have your waypoints stored someplace else or availability to them that wouldn't do you any good.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I use my iPhone as my GPS now fyi.

But if you don't have your waypoints stored someplace else or availability to them that wouldn't do you any good.
That might be a viable option. It will at least allow me to get onto the waypoints that are shown on the Fish'n maps. Of course those way points are a little off, but it would be better than nothing.

·
Registered
385 Posts
What GPS app do you guys use? Not that I couldn't just search in the App Store. But they seem pretty effective ie spot on? I guess the one on my maps screen is pretty much money

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Catchn, I use "free gps", it burps up an advertisement everytime I turn it on, but it works pretty well.

I downloaded it because my Garmin thought it needed to die on me. Free GPS is spot on when I've used it.

There are a bunch of them out there, but I was being cheap and got a free one.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Chatfield has been treating me very well. Have iced several eyes everytime I have been, with 20+ fish being caught in roughly 2 hours. The bite is slowing down but they are there to be caught. Have iced well over 30 eyes in the past week with some nice trout thrown into the mix. Judging by their stomachs being full of blood worms I would say they are moving deep (hint hint). Good luck gents.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts