Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Man, with the nice day we had today I find it hard to imagin it still has ice on it.

Let us know

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Hi all,
New to the site. I really like it so far. I have been reading the updates for the past few weeks and have recommended the site to several friends. Longtime Colorado fisherman. Hunt and fish year round. I too was wondering about the boat ramps and also if there is much water coming out of the spillway at Chatfield. Saw and caught some good size eyes there last few years. It started to get a little too crowded last year though so I stayed on my boat instead.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The State Parks website for Chatfield was updated today. Says that the lake is still closed to
boating due to ice.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
GMCO45 said:
The State Parks website for Chatfield was updated today. Says that the lake is still closed to
boating due to ice.
They dont really update that site very well.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I drove by there tonight and checked both North and South ramps.

They are both chained off Even though the marina area has no ice at all around it. That ice-less condition will likely change on Friday though, as the next cold front rolls in.

and I saw a guy ice fishing the north dock area just south of the west docks right up against the bank. SCARRY!

... but shallow enough if you fell in, you would only go up to your belly button.

Mac

·
Registered
307 Posts
There's some colder weather coming in so it might stay closed for a bit. If anybody knows that it is going to be open to boating I have some time off and I'd like to be out there, so please let us know.
Thanks

·
Registered
863 Posts
I work down at Chatfield so im down there 8 hours a day atleast CF has got quite a bit of ice on it real thin but its there with the winds down there today it broke it up pretty good but there is still some ice...Im sure there will be more ice after tonight but theres still plenty of room to fish from shore

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I was at Chatty yesterday (Thurs) about noon at the No. ramp. There was about 50 -75 yds of ice out FROM the ramps.... two characters were actually out about 10 yards from shore fishing through the ice(??) Too dangerous for my taste. Now we have this cold snap gonna freeze it up some more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts