Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used my pontoon boat at Massey Draw & along dam.Caught a few smallmouth 10" to 15"on various crawdad plugs & a Tennessee Shad.Saw schools of fish along dam but couldn"t seem to get them interested.Was a very bright day & clear water.Started at 9:00 quit at noon.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Bud-
Are you the guy that had the green tube with the ice chest on the back. If so, I was in the red lund that came over to the damn around 10 or so and said hi. Thanks for the advice on catching those smallies. We didnt catch anything all day and then when we caught 6 smallies in an hour slow trolling a leach and casting the tenessee. Anyway thanks again and good luck. If you see me out there again feel free to say hi. I am going out to chatfield again on monday and tuesday so hopefully i will see you out there. If you feel like fishing from a boat I usually have an open seat. Just let me know. Thanks again and I will see ya out there.
-D-

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was me.Glad it worked out for you.The reason I joined this forum was to share information the sames as the rest of you guys.It's nice to meet fisherman without secrets & egos.Thanks for the offer on the boat.I don't know when I'll get back out there.I have somes ponds to try with my new baitcasting reel.But,I hope to see you out there again.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I was out there on Wed morning and caught a bunch of smallies on a 1/8 oz jighead with various plastics. I saw a bunch of fish crashing the dam and found out that it was the shad doing there spawning thing. They were really thick by the tower. I was fishing from my pontoon around the tower and the smallies were right up against it for the most part. Nothing really big but they still put up a fight. Oh yeah I also saw a bunch of smallies on beds right at the sides of the boat ramp. Tossed a tube and caught a few.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts