Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Below average success on the 2nd trip of the season, was made somewhat interesting by my GoPro. I'll try to improve upon this suck-cess rate soon, but for now it beats the skunk!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I was expecting a terrible video, don't sell yourself short! Nice rig and great video. I'll be out there next week chasing them. If you see a couple guys in an 18' tracker don't be afraid to say hello.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Looks like a lot of multi-tasking there. Nice work!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Great video, Thanks! Do you always use planner boards when you are fishing 2 rods? Just wondering, as I don't have any, and was wondering if it would make a huge difference when fishing alone.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Great video, Thanks! Do you always use planner boards when you are fishing 2 rods? Just wondering, as I don't have any, and was wondering if it would make a huge difference when fishing alone.
I troll with planers and flat lines. I'm not only a troller though. It varies by what I'm trying to do. Here, the boat was already in 6FOW and I wanted to go a few feet shallower without taking my Lund that shallow. I fish a lot of different depths, even in March. However, in this situation I wanted my Rapala original floater in 2-4 FOW. The planer is a great way to get spooky fish and avoid personally getting spooked by the rocky shallows. A flat line normally requires a long line, while you can use a short or long line behind a planer to achieve the depth you want. Walleye don't seem to get spooked by planers, much like bottom bouncers. If you do get a planer, be sure you get the tattle flag kit too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts