Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also, was wondering if anyone has hit chatty lately? The walleye bite should be warming up, no? And now that it's getting colder, bigger baits should be in order? Thx!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I made it out to Chatty for a couple of hours yesterday evening and it was very slow using Lindys and crawlers. Also tried jigging spoons over marked concentrations of fish without success. Spoke to another boat and they had a couple of fish on blade baits earlier and one on a crank while I was there. Water temp was still in the low 60's.

ratt

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Marked a ton of fish today @ chatty but couldn't get any to bite anything we tried... and we tried a few things.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
^^that's frustrating. Seeing them, knowing for a fact they are there, knowing for a fact your methods/bait choice is good, and not being able to entice a strike. That's how Cumberland Mountain was last weekend. We got into the deeper hole and marked some big fish... Bigger than the stuff we were catching anyway... Couldn't bring em up to bite.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure they're eating..just gorging on shad. Can make for a tough bite.

Went to the mile yesterday. I'd say my worst outing of the year. Not a hit for me. Jeff caught a 32 inch pike and a 28...hours apart. No other hits for either of us. Headed up above Spinney and fished the river when the wind picked up. I picked up one 12 inch brown walking down to the lake and back on a rapala. Jeff picked up a few with his fly rod.

Started out cold, but turned into a beautiful day.
Early in the morning before the wind picked up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Also, was wondering if anyone has hit chatty lately? The walleye bite should be warming up, no? And now that it's getting colder, bigger baits should be in order? Thx!

Try the bay on the SE corner of the lake at night. 4-6" baits in 6-8fow trolling or casting. Orange, silver, white, chartreuse will all work.

As for daytime, good luck right now.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure they're eating..just gorging on shad. Can make for a tough bite.

Went to the mile yesterday. I'd say my worst outing of the year. Not a hit for me. Jeff caught a 32 inch pike and a 28...hours apart. No other hits for either of us. Headed up above Spinney and fished the river when the wind picked up. I picked up one 12 inch brown walking down to the lake and back on a rapala. Jeff picked up a few with his fly rod.

Started out cold, but turned into a beautiful day.
Early in the morning before the wind picked up.

I didn't get a damn thing all day either. Finally I left the boat and went on the shore and got a bite. As soon as he dropped me off my dad caught a 19 inch rainbow trolling off one of the islands

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
^^^ I was at the Mile Thurs/Fri/Sat and flat out whaled on them but I don't fish for trout like trout fisherman fish for trout. The folks at the inspection said most just catching a couple here and there but we come through with them stacked in the box all 3 days, although we fell short two unders(<16") all three days. Sometimes thinking outside the box with change everything.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^ I was at the Mile Thurs/Fri/Sat and flat out whaled on them but I don't fish for trout like trout fisherman fish for trout. The folks at the inspection said most just catching a couple here and there but we come through with them stacked in the box all 3 days, although we fell short two unders(
Lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts