Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This freeze has got to put a lid on Chatfield. Anyone been by there yet? My brother drove by and said it looked like the south end was frozen. Two nights of minus zero temps should do wonders..

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I'm sure its not thick enough yet, but maybe after these minus 0 temps. I would be worried about the temps rising after this little colder front moves threw.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
The south end and the boat ramps always ice up first there. If we get subzero and not above freezing during the day like they say we will tomorrow and little or no wind 2-3 inches of ice can develope in the boat coves and the south end.

Be very careful especially in the south end the water is shallow and even though it freezes quickly it warms up and gets weak just as fast.

Dan

·
Registered
633 Posts
I was there Tuesday and the cove had froze about halfway.  The docks were still in the water.  On the way out, an hour and a half later, they had pulled the docks out of the water.  The wind had been blowing and had melted all the ice out of the south end so if it refroze last night it is FRESH ice and probably not thick enough yet, but as cold as it's been it may not take long to get thick enough.  I'll try to check it out tomorrow.  Looney

1 - 4 of 4 Posts