Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im Gunna go to Chatfield tommorow night(4-29-06) and i want to find some walleye and smallies.

any suggestions on lures and baits i should use, and the where i should go?

·
Registered
110 Posts
husky jerks, rattle traps, light colors if your fishing when the suns coming down, tube jigs, try finding some gulp lures they work good at night because of the scent they put out.... O and i forgot make sure you save me some fillets hahahha good luck..... try soft plastic crawfish imitations for smallies... tubes also... GG hahaha

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks fishing303 ill try that .... anytime on those fillets!!!

L

·
0 Posts
Try Kingfisher with cranks and jigs, or try the dam with cranks and jigs. I like small 1 1/2" motoroil colored tubes along the dam for smallies bounced through the rocks. Buy a bunch as you'll lose a bunch but it could be worth it.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aite ..... thanks alot!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you fish along the dam, near the outlet structure, look for a brand new Lucky Craft Aurora Black pointer 78. I lost one in the dark last Sunday. It might be bobbing around in about 18" of water....

L

·
0 Posts
look for a brand new Lucky Craft Aurora Black pointer 78. I lost one in the dark last Sunday.
Ouch. I guess thats why I just can't bring myself to buying them. I loose lures on a somewhat regular basis depending on what technique and where I'm fishing, sometimes 2 or 3 an outing. 2 or 3 rapalas at $6 a piece compared to 2 or 3 lucky's at $15 or $20 a piece,,,,,,,,,, thinking of that makes me shiver.

Gasoline to go fishing for one trip alone is going to cost me $80 or more (probably more) this year, that REALLY MAKES ME SHIVER!!!!!!! Speaking of which, does anyone know if a 3 cylinder Geo Metro will pull a boat over Berthoud Pass? If so, I'm going to start shopping.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
laker taker said:
does anyone know if a 3 cylinder Geo Metro will pull a boat over Berthoud Pass?
Q: What do you call a Geo Metro sitting on top of a hill?

A: A miracle.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
At 60-80 dollars a day to tow a boat over the hill for a day of fishing, it only makes sense to have a couple people chipping in for gas.

M

·
0 Posts
I had a Geo Metro. I made it over Berthoud, Kenosha, and the Tunnel many times. I don't think I could have done it with a passenger in the car.

I got a big 7.3 liter diesel this year (upgraded from a Ford Ranger). I'm really impressed - it is beating the snot out of the Ranger on the gas mileage. (though it's still going to cost me about $60-80 to take a one day fishing trip). My thoughts are that if I spend two days up there, then it cuts the cost per day in half, and if I take a vacation day off from work and spend three days, then it cuts the cost into thirds and I actually get paid the third day.

Can you tell I argue with tax auditors for a living?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts