Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my brother fished chatfield this afternoon , we walked the river and saw lots of bows, talked to some flyfishermen who got some on midges, anways i caught a really fat 18 incher right were the river goes into the lake, i caught it on a gold kastmaster,

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hooked one right near where u must have been the other day on a rapala - but he flipped off -
Were you doing... a fast retrieve w/ the kastmaster? I have one of these in my tackle box but never realized it was good for trout. I guess you would have had to be doing a fast retrieve? or a jigging retrieve? cause of all the sh*t in the riverbed to snag on?

·
Registered
769 Posts
They certainly are high on the list for great lures. But not only for trout. Many a walleye, bass,
perch, wiper, crappie and many other species of fish have come to the surface with a kastmaster
attached to their lip.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I use them a lot for trout also, and I've found that in lakes I get much better results by lifting my rod tip a few feet and letting it flutter down while I am reeling in the slack. Something about the way they flutter down like a wounded baitfish drives trout nuts

·
Registered
862 Posts
kastmisser said:
I use them a lot for trout also, and I've found that in lakes I get much better results by lifting my rod tip a few feet and letting it flutter down while I am reeling in the slack. Something about the way they flutter down like a wounded baitfish drives trout nuts
Nice tip!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
kastmisser said:
Ahhh...the ole snap jigging method. I love it for trout and walleye. I prefer little cleo spoons though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
hey guys. my brother (kokaneeking) went to greent mountain today and didnt send me his pic cause i post them for him but hes on his way back as soon as he sends it i will post it

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Fisheyes, I usually start out with a 1/4oz silver with orange stripe. Thats been my best producing trout lure period. If that does't work I might try rainbow or green or blue stripe/silver. I use the lift and flutter a lot ice fishing too, sometimes 4 or 5 ft lifts to get their attention.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts