Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit chatty today and about 5 minutes after I started fishing a slimer the size of a football hit my pink jig with a waxie on it. After a good fight I released it for another day. After that it took 4 hrs. to catch 2 more fish about 12" long . The ice was sure getting slushy I hope it lasts another week but a week of 50 to 60 degrees doesn't sound good. Like an idiot I did not put on sunscreen and I have a very bad sunburn on my face and it hurts.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
pistol pete said:
hit chatty today and about 5 minutes after I started fishing a slimer the size of a football hit my pink jig with a waxie on it. After a good fight I released it for another day. After that it took 4 hrs. to catch 2 more fish about 12" long . The ice was sure getting slushy I hope it lasts another week but a week of 50 to 60 degrees doesn't sound good. Like an idiot I did not put on sunscreen and I have a very bad sunburn on my face and it hurts.
Pistol...First of all, love the name...he was one of my favorite players! Second, nice job on the big one and release! Sorry about the sunburn...Been there...Try witch hazel followed by the Aloe vera sunburn stuff from Wal-Mart...It is magic!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I might have seen you out there from a LONG ways away.. Today was fully scheduled with singing with the church worship band this morning then went to the Denver Brass concert this afternoon (outstanding concert). Anyway, drove over during the sermon (I heard it last night) to check out flows in the river, since I don't ice. There seems to be a lot more water going OUT of that pond than in.. which could make yer ice real intersting. Well, maybe get to fish next weekend.

JW

PS. I got my bass rig purchased for summer. A MH BPS graphite and a BPS Extreme spin, with 20# braid on it. I gotta get a really SHARP tiny scissors to cut that stuff..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts